If you are dealing with varicose and spider veins, you have probably tried everything that you can in order to get rid of them.
People that are suffering from these conditions, often times wear long pants and sleeves in order to hide it because they feel embarrassed by their appearance.
Latest studies suggest that about 50 percent of both women and men that are over the age of 50, are suffering from some kind of spider or varicose veins. Many individuals who are dealing with this condition are constantly looking for a way to treat it. The most common methods of treating varicose veins are expensive creams and laser surgeries. But these people also need to know that there are many more affordable and safer ways to remove this problem. In this article, we are going to show you how to treat this condition.
- Bilberry herbs and horse chestnut
Bilberry herbs and horse chestnut are natural remedies that have been used for the treatment of these conditions a long time ago, and because of their incredible effectiveness, they are still famous today. They have the ability to decrease the water retention and swelling. You can find these two herbs in a form of tea or capsule.
- Essential oils
Cypress essential oil is one of the best oils for the treatment of varicose veins because it can balance out our hormones, and fight inflammation, the two things that can lead to the appearance of varicose veins. You will need to add around five drops of this oil, in a small cup, and then mix it with some coconut oil. Then rub this mixture on the areas that are affected, in the mornings and every night before you go to sleep, for a few weeks.
- An anti-inflammatory diet
This type of diet will make a huge difference, and it will help you with the treatment of any vein issues. You need to make sure that your diet is rich in foods that are packed with antioxidants and micronutrients, and you also need to eat foods that can reduce the inflammation. Try something like turmeric.
Foods that contain strong anti-inflammatory properties:
- Leafy greens – green vegetables are foods that contain tons of enzymes, nutrients, and phytochemicals. If you consume these nutrients in the morning, before your breakfast, they will repair the cells in your body. That is the reason why everybody recommends that you start your day with a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice, and then another glass of green juice.
- Fatty fish – it is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, and it also contains tons of omega-3 fats.
- Berries – berries are a rich source of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Beets – it is a vegetable that is rich in antioxidants, and it also has the ability to prevent inflammation and thin our blood. Beets are also high in vitamins.
- Nuts and seeds – sunflower seeds are packed with vitamin E, and all nuts contain strong antioxidant properties. Seeds and nuts are helpful in cases of inflammation because they will repair the damage that has been done to the cells in your body. They are one of the biggest sources of minerals, proteins, amino acids, healthy fats, and fiber.
- Raw tomatoes – they are rich in carotenoids and bioflavonoids, which are nutrients that contain anti-inflammatory properties.
- Garlic – garlic is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics, and this is a scientifically proven fact. It can stimulate the production of cytokine, which makes it one of the best natural remedies that can treat inflammation.
- Ginger – it has been used for centuries because of its strong anti-inflammatory compounds. It contains phytonutrients like gingerol, which is a compound that has been used in many medicines, like painkillers for disorders like arthritis.
- Turmeric – many scientific studies have concluded that turmeric contains rather strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Coconut oil – coconut oil contains lauric acid, and it also has strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is also rich in healthy fats, which have the ability to keep our brain alert, support your digestive system and also fuel your cells.
- Olive oil – this oil contains a substance that contains some powerful anti-inflammatory properties. The best way to consume this oil is raw because if you heat it, it will become rancid.