If you are one of those people that cannot find the free time to go to the gym every day, we are reminding you that you can achieve the same results by exercising at home.
Tabata is one of the most effective exercise programs. It is a high-intensity exercise program that only lasts for a few minutes. It is great for the people that know how important exercising is, and it is perfect for busy moms. It lasts for four minutes and the results that it provides will amaze you.
- 20 seconds sprint
- Rest for 10 seconds
- Repeat for a total of 4 minutes
This program was developed by Dr. Izumi Tabata, and it looks very simple, but it will help you burn a lot of calories.
In 1996, Dr. Tabata and his team of researchers analyzed 2 groups of athletes for six weeks. The first group did exercises with medium intensity for longer periods of time, while the other group did some high-intensity exercises for shorter periods of time.
They found out that the athletes who were in the first group increased their anaerobic capacity by 0% and their aerobic capacity by 9.5%.
The participants from the second group increased their anaerobic capacity by 28% and their aerobic capacity by 14%.
The main goal of the Tabata exercise program is to enhance the athletic performance. You should always start the exercise by doing longer and less intense sprints, with longer breaks in between. You should also do 60-90 seconds of medium intensity running, and then make 60 seconds break.
After that, you should gradually increase the intensity and shorten the break and exercise times. When you start working out for the first time increase the duration of the exercise for a few minutes and then work your way down to 4 minutes.
Tabata workout and the benefits that it offers:
- It builds muscles
- It affects the way the body processes glucose and burns fat
- You don’t have the need for special equipment
- It lasts for a few minutes
- It will raise the levels of endorphins, which will increase your happiness
How to prepare your body for the workout and how to perform it:
- Before you start with the workout, you need to stretch your muscles, in order to avoid injuries
- Set up a timer, so that you can record the duration of the workout
- Run as hard as you possibly can for 20 seconds
- Make a break of 10 seconds
- Repeat in six to eight sets, for a total duration of four minutes
- Then, stretch again and drink some water (never cold)
This is a hard workout problem, and it is supposed to be. Due to the high intensity of this workout, be sure that you exercise no more than 3 times a week.