Maybe you don’t think too much about your tongue, on a daily basis, but when the doctor says: “open wide your mouth and stick out tongue”, he already has some basic information about your health.
In Chinese medicine are taught that the tongue indicates all diseases of the body.
“The normal pink tongue, no teeth marks or change in color, indicates the proper operation of the mouth organs.” – says Stewart Trotter, while the next 9 tongue changes indicate a great amount of health problems:
1. Thin surface layer, with some traces of teeth and a few red spots. This tongue change points to a lack of energy in the body that causes fatigue, poor appetite and excessive sweating. This also effects on the mood changing. Patients are usually anxious and nervous.
2. Thin yellow layer in the middle, surrounded with the red surface of the tongue. This tongue appearance points to problems with digestion, dehydration and skin diseases. All this manifests with the psychological health, so patients are usually very moody.
3. Greasy white layer with swollen edges of the tongue. This seems to refer to an unbalances operation of the digestive system and the tendency to accumulate all the excess water in the body. Individuals often feel fatigue and listless.
4. Black dots on a purple surface. This tongue change points to the difficulty of the circulatory system’s work, so the individuals have problems with varicose veins, the feeling of heaviness in the legs, headache, chest pain and skin without shine.
5. Thin white layer and a red tip of the tongue. This situation reveals that the organism is exposed to constant stress caused by an unstable emotional state. The energy in the body builds up in knots that cause inflammation.
6. Red tongue with thick yellow layers in the middle of the surface. This tongue change is an indicator of a fever. The fever indicates a possible urinary tract infection or some kind of skin problems. The individuals are often angry and don’t feel comfortable in their own body.
7. Thick white layer on the center of a pale swollen tongue. This indicates that the individual has an autoimmune disease and a lack of vitamins and minerals. This conditions cause pain in the spine and the feeling of panic.
8. Cracks on a red surface of the tongue. This tongue change indicates a fungal infection in the body accompanied by night sweats, insomnia and irritation.
9. Tongue whose surface is pale and without any layers. This tongue change points to reduced blood flow in the body and anemia. This can cause dizziness and fatigue, and the people with this state are suffering from a lack of memory and concentration. This sign on a woman’s tongue is often a sign of possible hormonal imbalance.