Soy milk is a popular dairy product, often consumed as an alternative to usual milk. It has long been a traditional beverage in China, Japan and other parts of Asia.
Some people consume soy milk because they are intolerant to lactose or for its properties, besides which is low calorie.
Still, it is very questionable the health benefits that soy milk offers to our body. After many kinds of research was concluded that soy milk, actually is very harmful to human health!
Here is the list of the harmful effect of the soy milk:
1. Soy is full of pesticides, and 99% of it is GMO.
2. Studies have shown that the consumption of soy supports the need for vitamin D and B12.
3. Soy contains a compound similar to B12, but since the body cannot process it, it causes vitamin B12 deficiency.
4. Soybeans contain a substance which may result in clots, known as hemagglutinin, which often leads to clumped red blood cells.
5. The production of soy protein isolate and textured soy protein out of delicate soy proteins can cause the high temperature to the body.
6. Soy also contains toxic isoflavones, including genistein and daidzein, which can be affected by causing breast cancer.
7. Soy and soy products are rich in phytic acid which interrupt the digestion of magnesium, copper, iron, calcium, and zinc.
8. Soybeans contain phytoestrogens (plant estrogen), which obstructs the function of the endocrine system and is connected to breast cancer and male infertility.
9. Soy foods are rich in toxic aluminum, which has been related to the onset of Alzheimer’s and also affects the kidneys and the nervous system.
10. Soybeans also include antinutrients, which are natural toxins, and the consumption of a few glasses of this milk daily can adversely affect the menstrual cycle.
Numerous studies have also confirmed that the food-grade carrageenan in soy milk causes severe health problems, including colon cancer, ulceration, gastrointestinal inflammation, and lesions in lab rats.