Green tea is a traditional Japanese habit which has already spread in the West as well. It is one of the most beneficial beverages you can drink and for that reason, in today’s article, we have provided for several reasons why you should consume it on a daily basis.
Green tea is recommended by the nutritionists as a coffee alternative. It contains various antioxidants and provides amazing health benefits. It is also considered as the ‘KING’ of the teas due to its capacity to improve the general health. Take a look at the following health benefits of the green tea:
- Strengthens your immunity
- Boosts the defense system of the body
- Prevents bacterial and viral infections
- Assists in cancer prevention – According to experts, green tea has a nutritional profile which helps the prevention of prostate, lung, breast, stomach, and pancreatic cancer.
- Regulates your cholesterol levels – 1 cup of green tea on a daily basis will control the cholesterol levels and prevents numerous cardiovascular problems.
- Improves the liver function – 1 cup of green tea on a daily basis lowers the risk of fatty liver disease and improves the liver function. The liver is the most important body organ and therefore, it should be kept healthy continuously.
- Promotes weight loss – Green tea, when combined with a physical activity and a healthy diet, can promote weight loss indeed. Experts advise to be consistent to achieve your results within 3 months.
- Fights constipation – It treats a variety of digestive problem, constipation included. It has a laxative effect that accelerates the intestinal transit and fights against constipation.
- Treats baldness – Green tea is rich in polyphenols including catechin that blocks the DHT, a factor related to hair loss as well. By so doing, it boosts the hair growth and makes your hair re-grow. It contains an EGCG, a rare compound that boosts hair growth and prevents dry scalp, seborrhea, and dandruff.